Brompton Bicycle from Excellent Books
Brompton Bicycle, from Excellent Books, tells the fascinating story behind one of the world’s most unusual and popular folding bikes.
It also details how you can modify and convert your Brompton for such uses as:
- child carrying
- tackling hilly country
It also acts as a unique maintenance and repair manual, full of tips you won’t find in any standard bike repair book.
In short, everything you need to enjoy this incredible bike to the full.
- A brief history of folding bikes, putting the Brompton in the context of previous developments.
- The story of how the Brompton came about – from a sketched idea by engineer and Brompton founder Andrew Ritchie, to a bike with major sales throughout the world today.
- Brompton specials – converting for use by children and multiple riders amongst many other uses.
- Using and maintaining a Brompton – tips on caring for and repairing your cherished machine.
‘Brompton Bicycle’ will appeal to all those who love this iconic British brand including:
- Brompton riders & owners and other cyclists – especially those who are curious about the bike’s background but also keen to use and maintain it correctly.
- Designers – the Brompton is more than a bike and was used as a British icon in the London 2012 Olympic ceremony in Beijing.
- Those who love a good British underdog story of success in the face of adversity!
‘Brompton Bicycle’ from Excellent Books
No of Pages: 224
Page Size: 210 x 148
Authors: David Henshaw
Published Date: 3rd Edition 2020
Illustrations: colour photos and graphics.