Lost Lanes Wales
36 Glorious Bike Rides in Wales and the Borders
by Jack Thurston
Travelling at a leisurely pace, in Lost Lanes Wales, Jack Thurston explores Wales and the border counties taking in mountain summits, enchanted woodlands, wild seashores, shimmering lakes and ancient ways in a beautifully illustrated book.
You can enjoy his 36 rides with maps and photographs and follow his routes with downloadable information.
Lost Lanes Wales is a cycling guide book packed with photography and descriptions of routes.
Ride on traffic free cycle tracks from the seashore into the heart of Snowdonia and the birthplace of British mountaineering.
- Cruise from cove to cove along the stunning Pembrokeshire coast, on quiet lanes bejewelled with wildflowers.
- Explore the ruins of the lower Wye Valley, from lost medieval villages to Roman remains, Norman strongholds and the awe-inspiring Tintern Abbey.
- Graded from easy to challenging, with handmade maps, best pubs and tea stops, wild swims and finest viewpoints.
- Overnight stops, from B&Bs to camping under the stars. Most rides are accessible by train.
- 30 original guided rides and 6 fantastic organised rides, with detailed ride descriptions, evocative photography and comprehensive online resources including GPX files for GPS navigators and smartphone apps and turn-by-turn route sheets.
- The rides take in all the most scenic areas of Wales, from the towering peaks of Snowdonia to the rugged coastline and sandy beaches of Pembrokeshire, the big sky country of mid-Wales and the rich, rolling landscape of the Marches.
A celebration of cycling in Wales and the English border counties of Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and western Gloucestershire.
Lost Lanes Wales
Author: Jack Thurston
No of Pages: 256
Page Size: 170 x 210 mm
ISBN 10: 1910636037
ISBN 13: 9781910636039
Published Date: September 2015
Edition: 1st ed, September 2015
Binding: Paperback (flapped)
Illustrations: Colour photos and maps